Stream Using Your Xbox or Playstation – Twitch
- Create a Twitch account from a mobile device or computer. We recommend downloading Twitch on your iOS or Android phone to adjust your stream settings on the fly, which is easy to do with your Stream Manager in the app. Also, don’t forget to turn on Two-Factor Authentication to keep your account safe.
- Download the Twitch Xbox app from the Microsoft Store. Note: you don’t need the PlayStation app in order to broadcast from your PlayStation.
- Personalize your channel by adding elements that reflect your personal brand to set yourself apart. This will help viewers know who you are when they discover your page! You can modify your profile photo and bio on mobile, or customize a number of additional settings via a web browser. We’ve set up an entire Creator Camp page on Personal Branding to show you all of the places you can customize your channel page to reflect you and your brand.
- Before you start streaming, we recommend that you log in to your account from a web browser so you can establish your Moderation and Safety settings to ensure the experience for your growing community is positive. AutoMod is a great tool to serve as your first line of defense for moderation because it will detect messages in chat that have been flagged as inappropriate and block them from appearing until you or a moderator review and approve. You can also update your settings to include a custom list of words or phrases to filter from your channel automatically.
- The quality of your audio is critical in helping you connect with viewers. There are a few great, affordable headsets with built-in microphone settings, like the Turtle Beach Recon 200, which work for all consoles and PC, that ensure great audio for your stream.
- If you’re interested in adding a webcam to your stream, you’ll need to purchase one as they aren’t built into consoles. For the PlayStation, the only option is to use the PS4 Camera . For Xbox, you can use any standard USB Camera. We’ve made a few suggestions in our Hardware Recommendations with a variety of price ranges to fit your budget.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you’re ready to go live! Below you’ll find the specific instructions for going live on both Playstation and Xbox, as well as a list of references and third-party documentation to help you troubleshoot if you have issues.
Streaming from PlayStation
- First, link your account on PlayStation by following the directions on your screen and scanning the QR code or inputting the code provided to twitch.tv/activate.
- While playing a game, press the Share button on your controller and select “Broadcast Gameplay” from the Share menu, and select Twitch.
- You can choose your video options, give your stream a title, add in your PlayStation Camera if available, and invite your friends to start watching.
Tip: You will automatically be placed in the game category for the game you’re playing. For maximum searchability and follower engagement, we recommend using the Twitch iOS or Android app so you can select a custom go live notification and add in additional tags.
- Click “Select Broadcasting” and you’re now live!
- To stop streaming, press the Share button on your controller, select “Broadcast Settings” from the Share menu, and then select “Stop Broadcasting”.
PlayStation Support : How to Stream Gameplay with Broadcast
PlayStation User Guide : Broadcasting Your Gameplay
Streaming from Xbox
- First, open the Twitch app and link your Xbox account to Twitch by following the directions on your screen and inputting the code provided to twitch.tv/activate.
- Before you go live for the first time, ensure your Privacy settings have “Online status & history” set to “Everybody” in the “Others can see if you’re online” setting.
- You’ll also need to set the “You can broadcast gameplay” setting to “Allow” under “Game Content”.
- If you’re using a camera, make sure that “You can share content made using Kinect or other cameras” is set to “Allow”.
- From the Twitch app, select the Broadcast tab where you can choose your video options, give your stream a title, and add in your microphone and camera if available.
Tip: You will automatically be placed in the game category for the game you’re playing. For maximum searchability and follower engagement, we recommend using the Twitch iOS or Android app so you can select a custom go-live notification and add in additional tags.
- Select “Start Streaming” and you’re now live!
- Once you start the broadcast, you can select the game you want to play during your stream by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- To stop broadcasting, relaunch the Twitch app by pressing the Xbox button and select “Stop Streaming”.
How to set up a broadcast on PS5 consoles
Broadcasting requires that you link accounts such as YouTube or Twitch to your account for PlayStation™Network. You can do this when starting a broadcast for the first time or from the home screen:
- Select Settings > Users and Accounts.
- Select Link with Other Services.
- To check if you already linked a service, select Broadcast from the control center. Linked appears next to linked services.
- Your broadcasts can reach a wide public audience. To limit who can watch your broadcasts, configure the privacy settings in your linked accounts.
- Want to be included in your broadcasts? Use your HD camera (CFI-ZEY series) or PlayStation Camera (CUH-ZEY series) and be featured in your live stream (cameras sold separately).
Broadcast on PS4™ consoles (Resource)
- Press the create button and select Broadcast.
- Select the streaming service you’d like to broadcast with.
- Enter your broadcast information.
When you want to include video from your camera or audio from your party, select Broadcast Options, and then customize how you broadcast.
- When you’re all set, select Go Live, and your broadcast starts.
The broadcast card appears in the control center.